You spoke, we listened!
Press Release, April 01, 2014, Santa Rosa, California.
One of the big problems with working in a remote location is that you’re always worried about your powersource – studio heads, batteries, laptops, hair curlers (if you’re on a fashion shoot, etc) well, with some amazing tech, we’ve now got you covered! We’ve taken one of our rolling camera bags, the Airport International, and we’ve built in a regenerating power supply that charges a flat sheet of lithium ion cells built into the back of the camera bag! The battery actually charges as your assistant rolls it from shot to shot!
How does it work?
You’ve most likely heard of ‘KERS‘ or Kinetic Energy Recovery System used in formula one, well, this is very similar! With a micro-motor built right into the wheelset, the power generated when the wheels roll is sent through a series of specially designed capacitors to a regulator and then into the lithium ion cells for storage. You can achieve a full charge from about 20 minutes of rolling – send your assistant to the coffee shop “and take my bag!” A full charge will power a laptop for 2 hours, charge a handful of iPhones, power a studio head for a little while, etc. You can even plug your electric car into the bag!
- Powerful recharging lithium ion cell with regeneration module.
- One-touch power adjustment, depending on what you’re powering.
- Four ‘smartpower’ outlets that take every plug, globally.
- International and US carry-on size for most carriers. DO check with your airline carrier for current requirements.
- TSA-approved combination zipper locks secure main compartment
- Front lock & cable secures laptop, keys or other other items
- Strong rear lock & cable secures entire bag to a fixed object
- Holds up to a 500mm f/4 lens, unattached, additional smaller lenses and up to 2 pro DSLR camera bodies
- Holds a standard professional kit consisting of 2 standard or pro camera bodies, multiple professional lenses, flashes and accessories
- Internal charging station for USB devices including iPhone / Android pockets
- Interior Dimensions: 13” W x 18.5” H x 6.5 – 7.5” D (33 x 47 x 16.5–19.1 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 21” H x 8” D (35.6 x 53.3 x 20.3 cm)
- Weight: 19.5 – 21.5 lbs (8.3–15.2 kg) depending on battery and accessories used
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It also has 1680D ballistic nylon, YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, custom designed extra tall skid plates, replaceable in-line skate wheels, antique nickel plated metal hardware, SpanKodra front pocket, nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned electronylon, polyurethane backed velex liner & dividers, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover, closed cell foam & PE board reinforced dividers, clear mesh pockets, 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
No Rhetoric Warranty on all Think Tank products*
*Check with your airline for their current carry-on requirements.
With a launch date yet to be set, we’ll be sure to alert you when we have the product on hand! We hope you’re almost as excited as we are!
Yes, happy April fools day… If you made it this far without catching on, best you grab another cup of coffee! Have a great day!